Punky Brewski

I just realized ... I don't give a fuck!

Friday, June 30, 2006

London or New York?

I can't believe I didn't post at all in June. That could probably be attributed to my increased workload and general state of panic when in the office (as well as a non-functioning wireless connection at home).

Work's been pretty good, I finally exposed my tattoo today at the company-wide luncheon and got compliments from my boss (yay!). We had tri-tip and bbq chicken, which were delicious. Cash giveaways for who could name song, artist, and year for a few songs they blasted over the PA system. Scorching heat. I sat in the tree for most of the announcements.

The remainder of TC's time here in LA was spent trolling all the beaches - Venice, Hermosa, Redondo, and Malibu. The "sweet boy" from San Jose paid me an untimely visit and really pissed me off with his attitude on the day of TC's departure. I didn't know people could be normal one minute and psycho crazy the next.

I spent the next week or so recording some of my music with some young dudes I met at the Viper Room and getting a lot of surfing in - without a wetsuit at Manhattan Beach! I also managed to get my car repaired in all manners and get 2 tickets within 3 days. Perhaps most memorable, I also spent hours agonizing over outfits and shopping like a maniac on Melrose for CG's wedding.

I actually just returned from the bash in Long Island. She's marrying a Brit: Long Island Old Money meets British Old Money. Chef Palmer was catering. We had buffalo, sea bass, duck, chicken, beef, and yummy dessert treats. It was black tie. I wore a smashing pink dress and shoes that left me hobbled for days. I had Veuve in hand all weekend. Much less of a hangover with the bubbly, I might add. I also met this adorable blond-haired German London banker whom I'm absolutely smitten over because he surfs too and is angelically well-mannered. He also has a twin brother. Not that that means anything, but it makes them a striking pair.

Now, about the little Pond. The question I got all weekend was, "Are you from London or New York?" Unfortunately, neither. I miss New York. It was tough leaving as I feel much more at home there than in Los Angeles.

Outside of the wedding, my trip involved a whirlwind tour of the Guggenheim, the Whitney, the Met, and the MOMA, as well as last-minute eyebrow waxing and shopping to match my three outfits for the wedding. Expensive!

I also went to Coney Island for the first time in five years (and it's exactly the same, except for the roller-coaster prices. I also highly recommend the Wonder Wheel ferris ride). We hit up new places like La Bottega and the Frying Pan and 230 Fifth. La Bottega reminded me of B Bar on Bowery and 230 Fifth sucked except for the view of the Empire State Building.

My weekend concluded with a harrowing, nail-biting ride on the A-train to JFK because I was worried about missing my flight - but not before me and TC, my old roommate, went to our old neighborhood (yes, we lived there) near the World Trade Center and took solemn pictures of the scene.

1 Comments:

At 11:05 PM, Blogger h ampelofilosofos said...

How can you leave out trekking to Mars Bar way past midnight, getting evacuated by the police, and being offered sorry-for-the-inconvenience pizza? :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home