Punky Brewski

I just realized ... I don't give a fuck!

Monday, July 10, 2006

Wetsuit? What's a Wetsuit?

My friend RR was nice enough to let me come visit her in San Diego on the spur of the moment, when my scheduling conflicts suddenly cleared up and I was OK for takeoff.

O M G.

We went to Encinitas on Saturday and the water was so warm a wetsuit would have been overkill. The waves were so small and gentle that I managed to catch at least 10 of them and ride many of them down the line. I couldn't believe myself. Afterwards we had dinner at Pacifica in Del Mar and then headed home for rest.

Sunday commenced with RR's triathlon (which I slept through, unfortunately) and World Cup viewing. Sadly, this World Cup I haven't been able to watch any of the weekday daytime games. If I had done my homework I would have figured out how to get live streaming World Cup ...

After watching Italy win RR and I headed to Pacific Beach. Again, I was astounded by the warm water, the gorgeous beginner waves, and the huge meat market on the sand. While I was in the water, RR tried boogie boarding and got hit on by thousands of guys. Meanwhile, I got hit on while surfing, which never happens. Folks tend to be more aloof and detached, "This is my piece of ocean, stay away from me." By the way, I have never seen as many cute guys with nice bodies as I saw in two days there. Unbelievable. Not to mention they allow beer on the beach. ???!!!

I'm moving to San Diego.

2 Comments:

At 12:38 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

I had so much fun! Next time....I'm going to see you in Malibu!

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger punky said...

I can't wait!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home